Sunday, May 31, 2009

Video

In the last six months, I've had the opportunity to learn and produce a number of short videos for the The Seattle Times. It's been an awesome to experiment with different storytelling methods— combining video, audio, photographs, etc. I love, love, love the power of still image photography and photojournalism. That will never change.

But, it's been challenging and rewarding to shake up my world with some movement and sound. I'm still pretty new at all all of this, but, I'm starting to post several of my favorite videos. Most of the pieces are shot and produced within a day or two.




The historic Paramount Theatre presents silent movies with house organist Dennis James.




An all-female troupe of aerial performers practice in heart of Fremont.



Mak Fai Washington Kung Fu Club, led by Grand Master Hin Fai Mak, performs for the Lunar New Year celebration in the Chinatown-International District.

No comments:

All images copyright Erika Schultz or The Seattle Times